Thank you for your interest in becoming a Hanover Master Gardener. Extension Master Gardeners are public educators. The Course is a minimum of 50 classroom hours (Hanover generally requires 60 hours) followed by 50 hours of volunteer service in approved activities that benefit Hanover. The classroom portion is generally 3 months in length and you have 12 months after you finish the classroom portion to complete the volunteer hours. You may not miss more the three classes and missed worked for any reason must be made-up. Internet access is required and volunteer time keeping is accomplished via Better Impact.
Course speakers are experts in the field and many are current Master Gardeners. The course is intense and rewarding. If you would like additional information please email the unit’s Volunteer Coordinator firstname.lastname@example.org who will be glad to answer your questions or connect you with a Master Gardener for more information.
Once you complete your application you will be contacted to establish an interview time. Interviews are conducted by Hanover Master Gardeners with guidance from the Extension Volunteer Coordinator. References are checked and a Background screening is required. Once accepted to the program payment is due. Master Gardeners are public educators and you will be required to provide education to the citizens of Hanover County and surrounding counites. If you wish to improve your gardening knowledge without the above time commitment please consider our Home Gardening Series sessions both in person (COVID permitting) and Virtual by way of VCE Hanover YOUTUBE and or VCE Hanover FACEBOOK.
- Duration of course: January 11, 2022 until March 24, 2022
- Time: Classes are Tuesdays and Thursdays 1:30 to 4:30pm
- Location: Covenant Woods Retirement Community, 7090 Covenant Woods Drive, Mechanicsville, VA, 23111
- Cost: $160 payable after acceptance to the program
- Open House: October 5, 2021, 1:30 to 4:30 pm, at Covenant Woods – meet some of the Master Gardeners and learn more about the program
- Deadline to apply: October 15, 2021
- See the link to the on-line application below
- For questions: Anglette Pryor email@example.com – 804-752-4309
Link to application form:
HTML – Copy and paste it to your website! – <a href=”https://app.betterimpact.com/Application?OrganizationGuid=06d6368f-2e04-4633-a18b-d727bf048a36&ApplicationFormNumber=1“
We look forward to having you join us.